Our church was organized in the year 1801.
The Rev. Isaac Barney applied for and received membership in the Union Church of Africans Conference under the leadership of the Right Reverend Peter Spencer in 1838.
The Rev. Isaac Barney was himself elevated to the "Bench of Bishops" in the year 1843 and is buried at the right-rear corner or the Stapleton Church.
Our name became the Stapleton Union American Methodist Episcopal Church in the 1850's.
The Present building is the third to have been erected at the same location.
By the grace of God, our church has grown through two centuries.